Keeping with the weekly menu, last night was Cauliflower Crust Pizza. One of my personal favorites. I love that I can get the flavor and feel of pizza without the greasy feel and guilt of most take out pizzas. Also, this is delicious as leftovers!Everyone loves pizza, and most people know pizza is usually not the healthiest meal option out there. This might be the healthiest version out there! The cauliflower crust pizza craze has been all over the internet and pinterest. Some of the recipes I have discovered seem a little too time consuming, or down right difficult. This is the most simplified, yet delicious cauliflower crust pizza recipe out there! And it is gluten-free, vegetarian, and much healthier than most other pizza-y options.
1. Cut up the cauliflower into chunks, taking off most of the stems. Place in food processor or blender, whirl until it its in 1/4 inch chunks, you want it to still be a little bit chunky, not fully pureed!
2. Place cauliflower into microwave safe bowl and microwave for 5 minutes, no need to add extra water! Careful it will be hot!!
3. While the cauliflower is cooking I quickly stir fry the mushrooms on medium heat until they are darker brown and soft.
4. To the warm cauliflower, add eggs, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and garlic salt. Stir mixture together until fully combined.
5. Pat out mixture onto sprayed pizza stone or cookie sheet.
6. Bake in preheated oven (400 degrees) for 15 minutes, or until slightly golden, and it will have an elastic-like feel to it.
7. Add sauce, extra cheese, and chosen toppings, put back in the hot oven just until the cheese melts and the toppings are crispy.
8. Let cool for a bit and set up, then enjoy!
Slice and Enjoy! 🙂
You can make this pizza paleo by omitting the cheese and experimenting with other vegetable/meat toppings. [Updated 6/12/14]