This is the first time I’ve actually gone shopping and planned what I was going to eat. Usually we just go to the store and buy what we always buy and then when it’s time to make dinner we have no idea what to make. I was getting kind of bored with the same old recipes we were making. So I decided to actually make a plan! (Which we
probably won’t stick to anyway). Oh well! Last night we made some delicious stuffed peppers. And I’m sharing that recipe with you today!
This recipe is much quicker, easier, and healthier than many I have found! And it tasted delicious!
- 4 bell peppers, any color…I even found a multi-colored one!
- 1 pound ground beef, or sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, I used our frozen marinara sauce
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheeseYou might need to put these on broil for just a couple of minutes to really get the cheese brown and crispy, but it’s really only a couple of minutes! Don’t burn them! We bought local, grass-fed, sausages from a farm a couple of miles away. These really had a delicious flavor and they were so easy to make.
De-licious! You can also use ground beef and season it however you like! If you would like the peppers to be softer you can leave them in the oven longer than just the preheat time, but I didn’t wanna wait that long and I don’t mind if they are a little crunchy! Hopefully, I will have the next couple of recipes later in the week! Enjoy!