First I want to say thank you so much to Julie at CrazyWonderfulLife for nominating me for this award! It makes me so excited to know that people can relate to what I’m posting, and actually like reading it 🙂 Her original post about this award can be found here. Thank you, thank you!
The Liebster Award is thought to of originated in Germany. It is a great way to motivate and connect to newer blogs. Here are the rules that I could find about the Liebster Award, some from Julie, and some from around the web.
- The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers who have a newer up and coming blogs with fewer than 200 followers. It is a way to appreciate and encourage them to continue blogging!
- Each blogger should post 11 facts about himself/herself.
- Each blogger should answer the 11 questions asked by the person doing the nominating.
- Choose 5-10 new bloggers to nominate for the award.
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees.
- Go back to their pages and tell them they have been nominated.
- No tag backs!
First, the 11 random facts about me!
Next, these are the 11 questions from Julie!
- What kind of music do you listen to?
I don’t even know how to categorize the type of music I listen to, I guess I like alternative? but I listen to a whole range of music. I used to HATE country, but now, I have to admit, I kind of dig it. I also love oldies, and avoid rap, except for Eminem (guilty pleasure).
2. Who is your favorite author?
This is also tricky! I don’t think I have one favorite author, I read too many random books, and until recently all I have had time to read has been biology, ecology, and physics text books.
3. Do you set goals for yourself and keep them?
I think I set too many goals for myself. The easiest goals for me to keep are health and fitness related. Career and job related goals- forget it, I can’t decide what I want to do so it’s hard to keep those goals at the moment.
4. What is the hardest thing you have ever done?
Pulled three teeth from a hippopotamus.
5. If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
What are we all doing here?!
6. What is your favorite animal and why?
Star fish, or sea star if we are being technical. Because they are star shaped, they live in the ocean, and they are crazy awesome.
7. What is your favorite color?
Yellow. At the moment. It changes every few years, but yellow has stuck for a while.
8. Why do you blog?
I blog to keep myself accountable, to have a tally of my recipes and workouts for future reference, and so that my friends who are now far away can reference them as well!
9. Why is the sky blue?
You can’t ask a scientist this question! Blue light is scattered-(because it is the shortest wavelength) by all of the particles and water molecules in the atmosphere, so our eyeballs perceive it as being blue.
10. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
I wish I didn’t over-think things so much.
11. Why did you choose whichever blogging platform that you use (WordPress, Blogspot, Typepad)?
I read a WHOLE bunch of reviews and advice from other bloggers and WordPress came out on top!
I didn’t follow the rules exactly, some of these blogs have slightly more than 200 followers, and some have many more than that, but I wanted to nominate blogs that I personally love to follow. I know some of you guys aren’t “new” blogs, and are definitely established in the blogging world, but I still wanted to reach out to you. Mostly, I wanted to recognize blogs that I tune into almost everyday! If you don’t feel like accepting the award, then no worries, I won’t mind! I think all of you are awesome!
Here are my 11 questions!
I think this is a fun way to connect with new and old blogs alike. Again, thank you so much Julie for recognizing my blog!